Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mix of Neutrals


I was over joyed the day we took these pictures because it was the first time this year that it was above 60 degrees here!  I am a woman who loves the sunshine and will come up with any excuse to be outside while its warm out.  That being said everyone thought I was crazy for wearing a skirt while they were all still bundled up and dressed for winter.  I am usually the person who sticks out the most in a crowd.  Not because I'm loud and obnoxious but because I tend to dress different than the people I am around.  I love to mix and match textiles and textures, to pair something with an item you never would have thought to use in that way, but most of all because I tend to always wear heels and most people wear flats (Although this day I did wear sandals and not heels).

I was inspired to wear a skirt because of the gorgeous weather outside, but decided to take it a step further with a sheer over-sized sweater (It's not summer yet, still gotta stay warm), striped tank (I was really feeling nautical this day), and my favorite color of tan accessories.  Normally I match all of my accessories metals together so they coordinate, even down to the metal color of the zipper on my shoes, but with this outfit I felt like mixing it up.  Are you catching the theme?  I'm loving the mixing and matching so much it might end up being my theme for this spring! 

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Sweater: Brandy Melville 
Tank: unknown
Skirts: BCBG Max Azria 
Sandals: American Eagle 
Clutch: vintage
Bracelets/Watch/Ring: BCBG Max Azria 

No comments:

Post a Comment