Saturday, September 6, 2014

LBD + fur


A few weeks ago my grandmother invited me to accompany her to a state banquet dinner this last weekend for a group she belongs to called the National Association for the Daughters of the Colonists.  This group is extremely conservative and has a traditional mindset, ergo the dress code for such event is something more classic.  I always enjoy going to these dinners, not only because I get the chance to dress up, but because I get to step into another world and spend time with family.

For my formal look I decided to keep in knee length instead of floor length, I felt this was a better option considering I was going to be the youngest person at this event.  I also decided to go with my favorite LBD, this one-shoulder draped dress from BCBG Max Azria.  This dress is such a great basic because I have been able to pair it with a variety of accessories and it has a different look every time!  I like the idea of bringing in a fun/elegant vibe with my accessories, so I opted for a pastel colored chunky necklace and paired it with a cream colored fur shawl to help keep me warm.  The shoes I'm wearing are Badgley Mischka and I just got them a few weeks ago for a great price at Nordstrom!  Overall this is one of my favorite looks I've put together for a formal dinner lately!  

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Don't forget to check our social media today for a sneak peak of what I'm wearing to Fashion First tonight in Seattle!







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Dress: BCBG Max Azria Runway (similar here)
Fur stole: Nine West 
Metallic heels: Badgley Mischka (similar here)
Necklace: unknown (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment