Tuesday, August 26, 2014

White is a staple


I hope everyone had a great Holliday weekend!  I know for me it was nice to have a relaxing weekend off to just enjoy great company and be outdoors!  Something that is extremely rare in my normal work mode, especially since September is not only the start of fashion month but it is also the beginning of the fashion industries chaotic next six month run... I have always found that the fall and winter are the best known for the glamorous events and parties, whereas the summertime is more for traveling and the laid back events.  No matter what time of the year there always seems to be some "rules" that people insist on following... Let me explain my POV on one of the big ones.

There has always been this connotation that white is "unacceptable" after Labor Day.  Well I am here to tell you that it's not!  White and subsequently cream are two of my favorite basic color go-to's all year round!  They simply neutralize any colors and are a great base or layering color for any outfit.  We also live in a time where people are not as obliged to follow the "rules" like they used to be.  I think it's amazing people are embracing their own sense of style and not necessarily following these "rules" that don't seem to pertain as much to our culture anymore.  Now that we've covered the base on how breaking the rules is ok, let's move onto some exciting news happening here at fashionROUSE!

We are going to be teaming up with a jewelry company called Shop by Polar to do an advertising campaign with them!  I cannot wait for you all to see their pieces, they are absolutely gorgeous, and I am thrilled to work with such an amazing company!  Stay tuned for more info as I will be doing a cool behind the scenes post on what really goes on backstage at a photoshoot!  Hope everyone has a great week!








OUTFIT DETAILS:
blouse: Mango (find it here)
shorts: Rachel Roy (find them here)
Sandals: Coach
Sunnies: Ray Ban (find them here)
Necklaces: Kensie, Vintage 
Rings: BCBG Max Azria (similar here)
Nail Polish: Essie (find it here)

No comments:

Post a Comment