Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Cats MEOW


So happy to be able to share these images with all of you!  We took these pictures a few weeks ago at the Seattle Public Library in downtown Seattle.  If you haven't been, the library is 10 stories of beauty.  From the outside the building is complete glass, but from the inside the building is vibrant and structured with the most innate details.  There are floors that overlook other areas of the library and there are floors that seem to be their own unique world.  We spent about 2 hours there shooting some of my favorite looks I pulled together.  And let me just say that 2 hours did not seem to be enough!  

For this look I decided to pull out some of my favorite pieces from the past and put them in the mix!  This Issac Mizrahi sweater I had gotten a few years ago while thrift shopping in my home town and the leather shorts I picked up a few years ago while I was on vacation in Los Angeles.  Everything else in my outfit are items I've picked up in the last few months while being here in Seattle.  I chose to accent my outfit with gold details to enhance the overall aesthetic and create a consistency within my outfit.

I love the idea that you can mix and match things from your past and put together a unique one-of-a-kind look that consists of pieces no one else will be wearing.  For me that is part of the excitement.  Knowing that someone else may have the same item on as me, but not the whole outfit.  I have always loved being the odd ball out and dressing differently than others for as long as I can remember.  No surprise that as an adult nothing has changed.  The one thing that I will always stand for is having a unique sense of style and the mindset that I will always be a fashion chameleon.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  









( Photos by David M. Bailey )

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Sweater: Isaac Mizrahi (vintage)
Leather shorts: unknown (similar here)
Cat ear headband: BP from Nordstrom
Heels: Steve Madden (similar here)
Rings: BCBG Max Azria (find them here) and BP from Nordstrom (find them here)
Nail Polish: "Bordeaux" from Essie (find it here)

No comments:

Post a Comment