Sunday, August 17, 2014

Salmon


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you all had an amazing weekend and are enjoying this beautiful Monday!  I can't believe how fast time is flying by right now!  It seems like just the other day summer was only starting and now its nearly come to an end!  Not to mention it really starts to hit you when all of the stores are already bring in the fall clothes and preparing for Christmas!  (A little to early if you ask me)

The other weekend my family came into town to visit me and enjoy a weekend of living life on the west side of the state.  So naturally I took them to enjoy some of the local festivities that occur here.  Every other year there is a Salmon bake held at Brown's Point park, they cook salmon on an open smoker, have a great meal, live music, and fun games for the kids.  The whole event was started to not only showcase the salmon the was caught but to also bring the community closer together.  I was so excited that I was able to share the awesome experience with my family.  

For my outfit I chose to wear this salmon colored lace dress.  Kind of an interesting choice since I was going to a salmon bake.  But none the less I thought it was a perfect fit for the occasion.  I easily get cold so I liked the idea of bringing along the ombre chambray button-up just in case I got cold.  Of course any outfit wouldn't be complete without a statement necklace and my sunnies!  Normally I would wear wedges with this outfit to an event at the park, but seeing as how it was right on the pebbly beach I felt that a sandal was a more appropriate option.  Overall this look embodied the casual yet color vibe that I have enjoyed rocking all summer long!

What do you guys think of this combo?  How do you rock your colorful dresses?  Use #frcolors on Instagram to show us! 















OUTFIT DETAILS:
Dress: Bar III (similar here)
Button up: Vintage (similar here)
Sandals: Coach (similar here)
Sunnies: Ray Ban (find them here)
Necklace: Vintage
Bracelet: Vintage
Wristlet: Coach (similar here)


No comments:

Post a Comment